Translate

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Overheard in the 'hood

ME IN THE DRIVER’S SEAT: So, Leda, darling. We’re getting some new animals at home. Can you guess what they will be? What animal is born out of an egg?

LEDA, REGALLY IN HER BOOSTER SEAT, DRESSED IN A PINK SATIN TINKERBELLE DRESS AND RUBBER BOOTS: A dinosaur!


ME: No. What animal – that is not extinct – is born out of an egg?

LEDA: A peacock!

ME: No.

LEDA: Nana, they are so born from eggs.

ME: You’re right Leda, but I don’t think Chucker and I are getting peacocks. What do you think we are getting? OK, I’ll tell you. Chickens.

LEDA: Hugo [at day care] was scratched by his chicken when he fell off the roof.

ME: Our chickens won’t scratch you.

2 comments:

Anne said...

Hoping that your experience with the chickens with be more elegant Martha Stewart and less "The Egg and I" (the latter one of the favorite books of my youth)

Diggitt said...

I don't think you got the whole story about Hugo. He fell off the roof but his injury came from a chicken scratch? Some folks can't catch a break.